Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sweet Omelette with Cinnamon Toasted Pecans (Primal)

This is my absolute favourite Primal breakfast, hands down.  If you're craving the taste of pancakes, but  don't feel like whipping up the egg whites for light, fluffy coconut flour pancakes, or don't feel like the heaviness of almond flour pancakes... this is the recipe you want.  It's quick, easy and delicious.
sweet omelette

Ingredients:

For the Omelette:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- butter for pan (about 1tsp)

For the Pecans:
- 1/2 cup pecans (I make extra so that I can snack on them later!)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon

Serve with:
- maple syrup
- blueberries or other fresh berries

Method:
cinnamon toasted pecans 1. Start with the pecans: In a small frying pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter.  When melted, add your pecans + cinnamon and sauté until the pecans look slightly softened and glisten with the butter.  Remove from heat and set aside in a dish.

2. In a bowl, beat the two eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.  Melt the butter in the pan, and then pour the mixture in.  When it starts to bubble on the sides, carefully flip it.  Once cooked, remove from pan and fold over on your plate.

3. Spoon the cinnamon-toasted pecans, and add some berries on top, then drizzle with maple syrup and serve!

The whole process takes less than 20 minutes - if you time it well, you may even be able to get a breakfast like this in before work or school!  Please let me know if you try this, and what you think!



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this through Chowstalker...I'm so glad to see that someone else does fruit omelettes! I love banana omelettes with cinnamon and almond butter, my husband gags when he sees me eating them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never really experimented with fruit omelettes before going primal! This tastes JUST like a pancake though, so why not add the fruit, right?! haha :)

      Delete
  3. I made a video about sweet omelette and it floored a lot of people!! Glad to see you know what I am talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of those things that you don't really "get" until you try it... but once you do, there's no going back! It's so delicious, I may never eat pancakes again! :)

      Delete